I ran the inaugural Esprit de She last year & it was really a lot of fun. It’s all ladies for starters. There are fun things happening before & after. If you don’t recall my post about this race, read here. The race is in Chicago, Thursday night. You still have time to register. Please let me know if you attend, as I’ll definitely be there!
I made a great dinner that was pretty easy & Very satisfying. I haven’t shared a recipe in a while. I hope you enjoy this tasty dish!
I realize it’s not a great picture, not even a great picture, but trust me on this one- it’s worth making it!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 purple onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 t cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 can black beans
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 C baby spinach
- bunch of cilantro
- 1 ripe avacado
- 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute onions & garlic in hot pan with olive oil until onions are translucent (about 8 mins.)
- Add red pepper for 3 mins. longer
- add cumin, chili powder, black beans, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, spinach & stir.
- Simmer for 5 mins. until everything becomes warm & spinach wilts.
- For the sauce:
- Put avacado, cilantro, juice of 2 limes & garlic clove in food processor until blended.
- Serve the sauce atop the enchiladas & Enjoy!