I wanted to start your day off with a few tips to help make your Super Bowl eats a little healthier!
It’s time to give football a makeover – not uniforms or the game itself – but the food! Football games spent tailgating or gathered around the TV don’t have to lead to overindulgence and unhealthy eating. Instead, let’s turn tailgating into a foodie affair! After all, the Super Bowl is the #2 biggest food holiday.
This month, we want to give you the tools to make this the best Super Bowl yet (at least until next year). We challenge you to serve or take chia-infused snacks to your party.
Here are some chia recipes to get you started:
- Chia-mole – a classic guacamole enhanced with Salba Chia seeds:
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Salba Chia Whole Seeds
- Serve with Salba Chia Organic Tortilla Chips or fresh cut veggies
- Strawberry Salba-ritas – Yes, you read it right! Why not make a margarita a little healthier?!?
- 2 oz water
- 1 tsp Salba Chia Seeds (let chia seeds soak for about 10 min. in the water)
- 3 oz tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1½ oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 6-7 whole, frozen strawberries (blended)
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar (also called coconut sugar) & 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- Light Buffalo Chicken Dip – Just the right amount of naughty & nice.
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Salba Chia Whole Seeds
- 2 cups (14 oz raw) cooked shredded chicken
Enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win: 1 Salba Chia Whole Seed bag and 1 Premium Ground bag to 2 winners.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to enter the Race Ragz giveaway (2 days left)