I’ve had a VERY busy & exhausting weekend. I actually went on a weekend retreat with work. It was a successful trip & success means that everyone had a great time! The only downside to the trip was that I didn’t have time to exercise. I had all intentions of working out last night, but after 2 basketball games, I was exhausted! I also decided to have a date with Benji because he had such a busy week last week, so it was a treat to get away for some quiet time together. All that being said, I need a great workout today to get me ready for the busy week ahead. But, let’s get to the good stuff. I made this delicious acorn stuffed squash that was different & really tasty! I hope you like it too!
- 3 acorn squash
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ C quinoa
- 1 C vegetable stock
- nutritional yeast if you prefer
- pinch of salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 T dill
- Cook quinoa according to directions (with vegetable stock)
- While quinoa is cooking,
- pre heat oven to 375
- dice vegetables & sautee 10 minutes over low flame
- cut squash in ½ and remove seeds
- mix cooked quinoa & vegetables together along with seasonings
- place squash in glass pan to bake & stuff with quinoa mixture
- bake for 45 minutes or until top is a brown
- If you prefer nutritional yeast, you can add 2t atop your squash.
ALL DONE = ENJOY
The winners for the Salba Smart Chia Seed Giveaway:
346 Lisa Jones
225 Lindsay Mitchell
Congratulations! Please send me your mailing information so I can have your chia sent to you right away! Enjoy!!!
Don’t forget about the awesome giveaways going on via the Blog Hop now: Enter here!