What a nice weekend of family togetherness I’ve had. Yesterday, we ended up our lovely weekend with some kite flying in the park. We don’t do that often, but it was simply family fun. Knowing that school is going to start in a week & we’re going to have a lot more structure in our house, we decided to just enjoy the day!
Before we went to the park to fly kites, we did a little volunteering & then went to the farmer’s market & got some great stuff!
Hidden in the bags are: zucchini, tomatoes, onion, peaches, raspberries, blueberries. Of course we wanted more, but everything was starting to get a little heavy. We’ll be going back next weekend! Everything looked amazing & was reasonably priced as well.
So, we had to use what we got for dinner!
- 3 large zucchini
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 purple onion
- handful fresh basil
- 2 T olive oil
- 5 large tomatoes chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Option: nutritional yeast
- Use spiralizer to make zucchini noodles & sautee for a few minutes in hot pan with olive oil
- Put cooked zucchini noodles in a large bowl
- Sautee garlic & purple onion until onion is translucent
- Put garlic & onion atop zucchini
- Put tomatoes in pan for 3 minutes
- Put tomatoes & basil atop zucchini
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Top with nutritional yeast if you like!
This is the week of giveaways. Don’t forget to enter below for a chance to win Swiftwick compression socks & also Salba Chia seeds: http://wp.me/p3tqaz-Gm
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’ve got a couple more giveaways for you as the week continues.
I’m glad that today is a rest day for my training. My body really needs a break. My shins are a little achy & I’m absolutely exhausted! How about you? How have you been feeling?